Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Things I Love #1 (Accessories)

Things I own and am addicted to:

1. Chunky Platform Shoes



platform sneaker, Steve Madden: thrifted, $5.



platform ankle bootie, vibram; thrifted, $20.



So classy, no? I can't walk in heels AT ALL, and I'm 5'3 with a burning desire to be tall, so platform shoes are the way to go. I own two pairs of those platform sneakers, and left the first pair behind when I went off to college; when I saw them at the local Salvation Army, I freaked. It was destiny. I neeeeeeded them.
As for the booties, they're a wee bit tiny on me, but I think I can stretch them out with one of those fake-foot things. I got them the same day I got my jumpsuit (two days ago). My roommate told me I look like a clown when I wear them together. I respectfully disagree.






2. Statement Necklace


necklace, some store on 14th Street, $3.25.


Again, super-classy, right? I have a pretty simplistic wardrobe (lots of tees, jeans, sweatpants) and I need necklaces and jewelry and scarves to make it look good. I have a couple statement necklaces (one of which is my ID lanyard) but this is one of my favorites: it reminds me of some kind of tribal necklace made of tusks or human fingers or the like. I think I would still like it if it was made of human fingers--ANYWAY! It's a bit long, and I prefer the choker look, so I generally just tie it in a square knot behind my neck instead of clasping it.

(P.S. You can see a bit of my jumpsuit peeking out at the bottom of this picture. Smex, no?)

3. Hair Elastics



Ouchless hair elastics, from mother/any drugstore in America.

COMPLETELY NECESSARY FOR GOOD HAIR. Nuff said.

No comments: